Save the Children
Charity No: England and Wales: 213890 Scotland: SC039570
Contact: Liz Pearman
Tel: 020 3215 3379
Address: 1 St John's Lane, London EC1M 4AR
Over the last 90 years we have helped achieve vital breakthroughs for children and have saved millions of lives with the help of our supporters. With your support we can make history in the future together. A quarter of the donations provided by supporters come from people who have kindly left a gift in their will to Save the Children. Without them, we couldn't have achieved these milestones for children:
- Our report "Unemployment and the Child" helped ensure children in the UK got free school milk in 1944
- We opened the first of many tuberculosis clinics and child health care centres in 1955
- We helped reunite 40,000 children with their families in the aftermath of the Rwandan genocide in 1994
- We helped children and their families rebuild their lives after the devastating Boxing Day tsunami hit Asia in 2004.
- We respond quickly during emergencies, reaching more than 60 million children a year affected by devastation in countries such as Haiti, Pakistan and Japan.