Registry House, 55 Victoria Street, Larkhall, ML9 2BL
Our aim is to promote the wellbeing of the community in Lanarkshire. We offer a variety of services led and supported by volunteers. We provide a vital lifeline to the community through:
• Providing a range of services designed to reduce physical and social isolation, encouraging members to remain active and healthy.
• Actively promoting volunteering opportunities in the community to provide opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
• Growing our income generated from social enterprise activities to contribute to making the charity more sustainable.
Our main services and activities are:
• Services: Deliver 7 lunch clubs providing a nutritious 2 course meal and socialisation; free handyperson service to maintain independent living; morning and afternoon call line service where members receive a check and chat call.
• Activity groups: we offer a variety of activity groups to meet the changing needs of the community. These currently include a walking group, genealogy groups, a gardening group, IT classes, fitness classes, Thursday evening social group, monthly football classics and monthly tea dances.
• Community Transport: Our mobility friendly minibuses transport our lunch club members to and from our facility. Our buses also support our other groups to travel further afield, local community groups and charities.
Legacies enable LDVG to continue to meet our charitable aims and offer the vital services to the community in Lanarkshire, helping reduce reliance on ever decreasing funding. Money received from legacies and donations will go towards supporting all our activities and services, and in particular, our call line service for isolated, lonely, housebound and vulnerable people and our handy person service.