Find out who's eligible to join as a Campaign Supporter.
We welcome all Wills and probate solicitors and other qualified Will-writing practitioners who are:
- Members of the Law Society
- Members of the Institute of Professional Will-writers
- Members of the BEST Foundation
'Qualified Will-writing practitioner' means an individual who meets the following criteria:
- They are qualified practicing solicitors governed by the Law Society or can provide proof that they have passed an examination in the subject of Wills with a recognised legal training provider (recognised legal training providers include Law Colleges and training institutes accredited by the Law Society of England and Wales or the Law Society of Scotland; the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx); Central Law Training; STEP; and the Institute of Professional Will-writers).
- They have professional indemnity insurance (minimum cover £2m)
- They undergo mandatory continuing professional development in the areas of law in which they practice (minimum 18 hours per year), including Wills and probate law.
- They offer the ability for clients to gain redress from a recognised body in default of the individual, the body holding adequate funds for this purpose.
- They hold membership of a professional body which has a mandatory Code of Conduct and can regulate it. Sanctions must include expulsion from membership.
Please note: Remember A Charity reserves the right to refuse or withdraw approval of membership of the Campaign Supporter scheme at any time.
Interested in joining?
Just send over a few details and we'll be in touch.
Are you a Charity Champion?
If the above criteria doesn't quite fit your organisation's structure or purpose, we'd be delighted to welcome your support as a Charity Champion.